1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So, MMA/UFC wasn't a fad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr7134, Mar 7, 2016.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What is the UFC's contract structure? Are fighters free to fight in other promotions? Skip back and forth depending on the best deal or do they have retainers that keep them fed and trained between fights?

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

3. BUMP ...
    skip to 11:42 ... This ref - I don't know what he was doing or watching, but it wasn't the match. The guy could have died.

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

So kind of a big one this weekend, McGregor and Khabib, MMA's blackhole vs. MMA's Drago. It'll be the first PPV I buy in probably a year or so.

Is this of interest to anyone but me?

John B. Foster likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Very interested but also very broke. Would love to watch this card but I’ll just follow online. Really have no idea how the main event will go. I could see Conor winning quickly (although not Aldo quickly), but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him get pounded and embarrassed by Khabib.

6. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think if Khabib can get him past the second round, Conor is in trouble. He's shown he can gas out quickly, but he's as dangerous as anyone in those first two rounds.

7. DanOregon

McGregor taps.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Russian organized crime all-stars showed up. As if they weren't already feeling their oats today.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Burying the fuck out of the lede

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. DanOregon

I have to think Ari Emanuel is probably having a stroke about now. You already lose Rousey. McGregor's gone over the wall. They'll always have their "core fans" but they didn't pay $4 bil for this.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pay for legalized goonery and you get just that: goons.

12. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Yep, once they made the fight after the bus nonsense anything was possible. Total disgrace for the sport

Draft saved Draft deleted