1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So maybe there's a reason Colin Cowherd has been such a jerk in recent months

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, May 24, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He is, of course, the ESPN Radio host got people to go to the Big Lead and put that site out of commission for a couple of days.
    <a href="http://www.jud2.ct.gov/Civil_Inquiry/DspParty.asp">
    He's asked his wife for a divorce.</a>

I'm happily married and never would celebrate the demise of anybody else's marriage, but this may explain some of the crap he's pulled on the air recently.

I happened to be listening when he talked about this for about nine minutes today and it was fairly compelling. I really don't like him as a host, but that was some pretty good, honest radio.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

His wife is a lucky lady.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I remember when Art Bell talked about his wife's sudden death at length a year ago. It was some of the most compelling talk radio I've ever heard.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Colin likes the Big Ten. His wife is a SEC gal. Irreconcilable differences.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Colin's an ass. There's a chance his wife's a human being.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Whatever. The Cowherd that was there for those nine minutes today was a human being worthy of empathy. And yes, it was compelling radio.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: So maybe there's a reason Colin Cowherd has been such a jerk in recent month

I was thinking of something along those lines...

8. Dan Hickling

Dan Hickling Member

Re: So maybe there's a reason Colin Cowherd has been such a jerk in recent month

Colin who?

9. Didn't him and his wife recently have another kid?

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Yes, which makes this sadder. If I heard him correctly, he bought a house right next to his wife's house.

11. Cowherd, when focussed on sports and people and not on petty bickering, is one of the top five or so on the air. He constantly makes unique points and, next to Rome and Patrick, is one of the great interviewers on the radio. Too bad he is such an asshole

12. occasionally

occasionally Member

Anyone else notice how Mike Greenberg avoids promoting anything Cowherd? Whenever he reads the canned promo about being an ESPN Radio Insider, he mentions every show EXCEPT The Herd. Think he has bad copy or is there a rift?

Draft saved Draft deleted