1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Limbaugh is irrelevant? Hmmm.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 7, 2008.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

My only problem with Rush is that he thinks if you're not wealthy, it's because you're lazy and lack initiative.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yeah and he got where he was by working his ass off, right? Nothing was ever handed to him, right?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey, he carried the KC Royals to prominence!

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

The best way to deal with this cowardly bastard is to ignore him. He craves attention, and using "Operation Kaos" and lusting for riots are nothing more than that. If you turn the other way and pay him no mind, eventually his words become just that. I will give him credit in that he is very successful in what he does, but by no means will I give his --- or any of the rest of the wannabes he spewed -- any of my time.

I will say this though: He and Hannity inspired me to get satellite radio, which shows they're good for something.

5. Smallpotatoes

Wow, so he really is inspirational.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Yeah. Someone really should have put that uppity Rosa Parks in her place. You don't accomplish anything by disrespecting the laws. Make your point within legal bounds, dammit!

(This is not meant to convey endorsement -- or the lack thereof -- of Sharpton's tactics. But it's becoming increasingly clear to me that as rocky as the 1950s and 60s were, it's a good thing the civil rights movement happened then, and not now.)

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I wasn't ripping either method of protest, nor was I ripping any individual who has ever used either method of protest.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or, when Al Sharpton does it, it's, well civil disobedience, and when Limbaugh does it, he should be prosecuted for terrorism.

Sort of depends on where you stand in relation to their views, doesn't it?

Are some of you people so blinded by your partisanship that you don't see Rush's point with this Operation Chaos stuff? He's exaggerating the point that the Democrats frequently implode anyway. They usually don't need anyone's help to nominate the wrong guy (see McGovern, Mondale, Dukakis, Kerry)

9. When Limbaugh does it - on the airwaves that belong to the public, mind you -- he's doing it all over the country and, yes, there are laws about incitement to riot across state lines.
    But mostly he's a drug-addled sex tourist trolling for his fourth wife.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's funny that Limbaugh supporters conveniently overlook his rather jaded and somewhat illegal personal life.

Actually, there's nothing funny about it. Especially when you consider what's at stake.

11. Smallpotatoes

He's a fraud, but he's their fraud.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'm in complete agreement with your parallel, as long as you're now willing to stipulate that both men are charlatans and demagogues.

Draft saved Draft deleted