1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Limbaugh is irrelevant? Hmmm.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 7, 2008.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He incited people to riot at the Democratic Convention in Denver.

That's where the criminal element comes in.

Try to keep up.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Interesting to note that when Rush calls for demonstrations in Denver, it's thought of as some sort of charming prank.

When Al Sharpton organizes civil disobedience in New York, he's a terrorist.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Re: Limbaugh, Sharpton.

Both are loudmouths. Neither espouses ideas I would call "terrorism."

What were Limbaugh's exact words in "inciting to riot" anyway? I honestly don't know.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It's no different than street bosses in Philly getting paid to "get out the vote." And it's not like Washington is squeaky-clean in the political machine circles.
    If you believe that, I've got some swamp land....

Oh, and do some deep investigative stuff on this site and you'll find plenty of people who refer to Limbaugh as irrelevant.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

"Demonstrations" and "civil disobedience" are two different types of behavior.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Limbaugh said Hillary was done after Iowa. And, he will be right.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Please describe that difference.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Tawana Brawley says Al Sharpton is irrelevant.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

A demonstration can be a peaceful, orderly, non-violent collective statement or protest that doesn't break the law. Civil disobedience is generally against the law.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When I hear the word "demonstration," I think "loud protest done for maximum effect, with a large group espousing their views in a public place."

When I hear "civil disobedience," I think "people refusing to pay taxes or give up their seat on the bus."

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

When I hear "refusing to pay taxes," I think "Patriots" and not the New England kind.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Rush can say whatever he wants. I just don't understand why he has as loyal a following as he does.
    I've always thought most people could spot a phony (and it's been pretty well documented over the years that he is a phony in more ways than one).
    Maybe I'm a little too optimistic about human nature.

Draft saved Draft deleted