1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Limbaugh is irrelevant? Hmmm.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 7, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Rack him.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Especially him.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sorry, no.

The correct answer was, "Repped for real talk."

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Niiiiiiiiiice!

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think Limbaugh is an excellent entertainer, his bits are usually fairly funny and he is obviously better at his job than 95 percent of Americans are at theirs.

I also don't see how it is a bad thing that (whether his "influence" is real or perceived) he has gotten part of the electorate interested in and involved in the democratic process.

That is a good thing -- the more people are engaged the better -- so calling him a "terrorist" or what he is doing "criminal" is just plain silly to say the least.

And it is no different than in 2000 when scores of Pennsylvania Democrats switched their party allegiance so they could vote for McCain (over Bush) in the primary in hopes of weakening him.

Again, getting people out to vote and keeping them engaged in a process is a great thing.

Now, that being said -- here is the story that is completely missed when talking about Rush and Hannity and the rest of their ilk --- The reason they are so interested in talking about Rev. Wright and the Democratic race is that it keeps them from having to talk about McCain, who is, let's face it, one of the least interesting, least inspiring and least credible candidates of our lifetime.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Limbaugh (or should I say "Limbummer?" No, I won't say that, because only a douchesack sensibility would find that clever) is "relevant" to mature, political discourse in exactly the same way that McDonalds is "relevant" to a healthy diet.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You don't really think that little of Americans, do you?

And I'd say that about just about any radio wonk.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

And yet, I think he's about 50-50 to win. God bless us, everyone.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Sounds like out of control hyperbole to me.

A radio dude being an a-hole is not terrorism. His listeners being a-holes is not terrorism.

Don't cheapen the term by misusing it.

And open primaries are ripe for chicanery. Don't blame Limbaugh for using that to his advantage.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Whether you agree with his philosophy or the nonsense he spews for three hours each day, to try and claim anything other than he is very successful at what he does is just plain silly.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's that damn liberal media!

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He urged people to vote for a particular candidate. Wow. How criminal.
    Did he physically force people to vote one way or the other? Did he bribe them?

Didn't think so.

Draft saved Draft deleted