1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I've been restructured ... shit...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Oct 18, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My friend George is in Cellblock D. ...

Good luck, dude. I'm sure you won't need it for long.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

So, the downside of the SportsJournalists.com biggest loser challenge, or, well, me dropping something like 30 pounds since I got my suit -- it doesn't come close to fitting anymore. Since I figure it'd be good to have a working suit for job interviews, I think I'm going to have to go to a tailor today. Anyone know what I'm looking at for cost for getting a suit refitted, or whatever you'd call it? "Taken in," I guess...

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

This is a good idea. When I took my buyout, I kept the COBRA dental care because it was fairly cheap and just got the cheapest emergency Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan I could find. That way you're covered in case of a hospital visit or an accident or something.

4. amraeder

Cool. I'm not worried about the doctor's visits, but if I have to be hospitalized (kidney stone is the one that scares me), I definitely need something.

5. amraeder

So, the tailor basically just laughed at me when he saw my suit. Guess I lost too much weight :)

6. KG

KG Active Member

The pay is only crap in the beginning, and the benefits are good. My dad will be retiring in a few years from the Kentucky State Pen. He'll have full pay and full benefits until the day he dies. One can't argue too much with full retirement and benefits. Plus, you can scare the hell out of your daughter's boyfriends by conveniently having your uniform on when they show up at the house for the first time. I always got the biggest kick out of that.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My father-in-law is a cop and used to clean his gun when a guy came over to pick up a daughter.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You only cover us when we shank someone!

Seriously, good luck. Hope you find a job soon.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

It's the small things at times like this, AM. :) Even if it will cost you more for a new suit or the mass tailor job, congrats on the weight loss.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Castle on the Cumberland?

11. amraeder

Thanks. I figure if you're going to lose a suit, it's definitely better to do it from weight loss than gain. My mom suggested checking out Men's Warehouse to see if they have summer suits on sale. I'm so suit savvy, I didn't realize there were summer or winter suits. Of course, the only suit I ever bought I did so in Fairbanks, so maybe they're all just winter suits up there...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There is a lot to be said for getting a state job.

Draft saved Draft deleted