1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So it's been a week ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I don't have access to Twitter at work, so 99 percent of those posts are blocked for me. No loss. If it's news today, truly, it'll be news tomorrow. I firmly believe this even though I was a journalist for 20 years. A lot of shit is posted on websites, written in newspapers, and taped on air just to fill space and time. That's one of the chief reasons I quit Twitter. I was becoming over-informed about useless, fleeting shit. But hey, at least I knew it first?

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'll also say that when some big piece of news broke, I always looked forward to seeing the reaction from certain posters on the thread.

Like when the footage of Hillary almost collapsing came out, I couldn't wait to see YF's response. And the guy delivered.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was honestly just coming to unlock it before I headed to work. You guys can't help yourselves, can you?

Some of you need to discover life beyond the message board. Plenty of places to talk politics out there.

See you this weekend, maybe. Or maybe QYFW starts a thread and takes another shot at the moderators and we wait a while longer.

Carry on

CD Boogie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.