1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So is McClatchy about to drop the hammer?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BigSleeper, Jun 14, 2008.

1. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

[​IMG]
    "Everyone calm down, our chain is in great hands. Our debt is only $2.2 billion. And don't blame me ... I didn't know they were variable rate loans!"

Yes, you read that correctly ... a large chunk of the money McClatchy borrowed was indeed in the form of VRLs

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Pickle_Juice

Pickle_Juice Member

You all just remember that I called it if it happens!!! This stinks!! Good luck to everybody.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If there's a Lord in heaven, I hope you get fired.

4. Pickle_Juice

Pickle_Juice Member

What did I
    What did I ever do to you??

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Almost_Famous already called it; you're late.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

What if there's not? Do you still hope she gets fired?????

7. Pickle_Juice

Pickle_Juice Member

It is almost funny how bitter and resentful some of you are about the fact that I took an unconventional route to where I am!!! On one hand you're like, "Do this, young man, and work hard and make contacts and you will get somewhere," and then on the other, when someone ascends more quickly than you think they should, you get all worked into a tizzy. Jealous, some might say!!

Who knows, maybe some of you will get to experience the cutlery business before too long, I wonder if you will look down on it then?

8. dooley_womack1

Which young man were you asked to do?

9. Pickle_Juice

Pickle_Juice Member

Again with the sexism.

10. dooley_womack1

No, again with the punctuation smackdown. And you knew that, having edited your post to fix it.

11. Pickle_Juice

Pickle_Juice Member

Sexism is sexism no matter the punctuation. I wonder if upon seeing that passage in a story you would call one of the writers at your paper and say, 'Hey, which young man were you asked to do?'

12. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Being a qualified journalist, and something of a smartass, I'd imagine that yes, yes he would. See, that's why things like punctuation are important, because if you put one in the wrong place, it can change the meaning of a sentence.

Draft saved Draft deleted