1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I'm reading my...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Nov 3, 2006.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"And 10 cubic feet of clean-burning propane free with every ticket!"

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Preface | I do not watch TNA on a regular basis.

BUT -- Jake the Snake was on TNA the other day and he looked like death warmed over. Of course, he had a big ole snake with him. Man, if that's what coke (and not the other Pepsi version) does to someone, gosh damn that's horrible.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Once interviewed Jim (The Anvi) Neidhart ... long after the Hart Foundation had fallen by the wayside ... it was some two-bit wrestling company out of the Lower Mainland. The man was pathetic ... bitter about things that went on with the WWF and such ... 10 minutes into the intvu, he started hitting on me. I almost yakked.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

C'mon, the guy inspired Jake "the Snake" Plummer's nickname. Oh, wait, that's two guys whose best years are behind them.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

The DDT was the thing that completely ruled out a career in school teaching one day. On break from college, my Mom got me to substitute teach for a P.E. teacher who called in sick. I spent the entire day trying to stop kids from DDTing each other.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It sounds like this country owes Jake a debt of gratitude for protecting our future. :p

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

That's probably the non-DBV-centric point of view, anyway.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Isn't he dead, too? The Anvil, I mean.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The Anvil is the only healthy member of the Hart Foundation stable (Bret Hart -- retired after stroke; Owen Hart -- dead from stunt gone wrong at show; Brian Pillman -- dead from heart failure; British Bulldog -- dead from steroid-related heart attack)

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I think he's skulking around Alberta somewhere ... I know Bret is back in town to present his stage performance of ... is it Aladdin? I can't remember. I was actually in Telus training with his daughter before I got hired away by the NPO.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ah, must've gotten confused. Probably been a year or two since I looked at deadwrestlers.com.

12. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

I once flew into Little Rock for a wedding the same day the WWE guys were in town for a Saturday night show. First stop after getting off the plane from Dallas was the bathroom to take a leak.

Standing at the urinal and two hulking guys come up on either side of me. I finish my business and go wash. Turn to leave and see who they are: Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Hercules Hernandez. Jake had a big Army duffel bag with him, but it didn't appear to be squirming.

Also, Hercules washed afterward. "The Snake" didn't after handling his snake.

That's all I have to add to this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted