1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So if you're covering West Virginia football today ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jersey_Guy, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

... and Rodriguez opens his presser saying he won't address questions about Michigan, and will end the presser if anyone asks, do you abide by these ground rules? It appears, as far as I can tell, that everyone did, despite the fact that the only thing a WV fan wants to know right now is what's really going on with Rodriguez and Michigan.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

when it's winding down, i'd ask

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

right an the end, when Rodriguez says, anything else? you ask Why won't you talk about the Michigan job?

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Yep. That's the spot...

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well, i guess this was a short-lived conversation, because you pretty much nailed it.

way to go, thread killer. :D

6. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

Exactly my thought.

No West Virginia fan could care less about the bowl opponent or sore hamstrings today. They want something from him on Michigan, even if that something is an angry end to the presser. Is it preferred? Of course not, but you've gotta ask him, and ask him again. If he walks out, so be it.

So, since it's so obvious to us, why didn't it happen? Anyone in West Virginia care to chime in?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

they have computers outside morgantown?

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Well, I may be an ass but I'd do it first after an intro like that. As someone else noted, who there cares about anything else?
    We don't work for RR. He doesn't get to tell us what to ask or not ask and being a jacksnortchotchnozzle about it only makes him look like a tool.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I can see that tact, too.

10. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

... put down $1,000 on Oklahoma covering the spread.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's neither the media's fault nor the fans of the program to wonder why Rich Rodriguez has wanderlust. I would have thought that he would have kept a low profile for a couple of years after the Alabama near-miss last offseason.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I told someone a couple of years ago: I promise you I won't write about you getting arrested with one condition. Don't get arrested.
    Tell these wanderlust fuckers the same thing - you don't want a job query discussed, don't talk to other people about jobs. It will not stay a secret, it will never stay a secret. So if RichieRod doesn't want it written about, don't go.

Of course, the truth is he DOES want it written about, does want it to be an issue. If no one knows he's talking, how's he going to pull the money chain? These guy make be douchefucks but they're not stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted