1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I just rewatched Fahrenheit 9/11......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, May 29, 2008.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Got bored this morning and didn't have anything new from Netflix so I decided to rewatch Fahrenheit 9/11 because I've been interested in seeing it lately.

After four years and upon further examination, I feel like this was a very well made documentary. I remember thinking it was a propaganda film the first time I watched it and that it wasn't an unbiased view of the events surrounding 9/11, that it was more of Michael Moore's agenda than anything else.

On a second viewing, though, things were really starting to stick out to me more. For one, while I just brushed aside all the connections between the Bush family and Saudi Arabia the first time I viewed it, this time around--given the high gas prices our country faces and the fact that we're still in Iraq--I couldn't help but be pulled in.

As for the way it portrayed soldiers in Iraq, the first time I viewed it (back in 2004), i thought that Moore must have gone out of his way to find the few unhappy ones there and that he didn't try to balance it with people who were actually happy to be serving this country. This time around, though, it struck me that that's not really what this film is suppose to be about. This film is telling the story of soldiers who are still proud to be there but who are ALSO unhappy.

I guess the greatest thing I can say about this movie is that, given the current state of the world, Fahrenheit 9/11 may have been ahead of its time.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If you hate this country so much, why don't you just leave?

3. snuffy2

snuffy2 Member

A multigerenational anti-democratic sweetness that just keeps giving

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Because if all the people that think like I do left the US, all that would be left would be redneck hicks.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

tell me you forgot to turn this post into blue font. come on, tell me you forgot.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When it's really funny you don't need the blue font.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You don't need it when you're really obviously sarcastic either.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

For instance, if I say "George Bush is a great American and a great president," chances are I don't need the blue font. It's easy to figure out.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It is, but it did make me throw up in my mouth a little :)

10. Giggity

Giggity Member

If you don't like mouth vomit, you hate America.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a very well-made film. It's also insanely biased.

It's not a documentary. It's a propaganda film. It's probably the best made propaganda film ever.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Yes. And it was right.

Draft saved Draft deleted