1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I got a Wii for Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 26, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

But did she kick your ass?

I don't know anything about Wii boxing, but I recently incorporated shadow boxing into my workouts and it's 10 times harder than I ever imagined. I'm guessing Wii boxing is similar.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

She knocked me down once, but I got the KO.

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Wii Fit rules...got Mario Galaxy for daughter's birthday which is right before Christmas. We are all addicted to it.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No blu-ray, but I'm going to change my Netflix to blu-ray rather than DVDs. No NCAA 09, but I got a copy of Madden and went out to Best Buy yesterday and picked up GTA IV on sale and NCAA basketball 09.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I found that baseball works best for me if I just flick my wrist instead of using the entire pitching/hitting motion. Now, I don't need a part of a five-man rotation to play it.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

watch out for those wii injuries that are popping up at doctors offices all around. seriously, have seen 2 or 3 news reports on wii knee, wii shoulder, etc.

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Wii Fit feet... do NOT work out on the board in your bare feet.. you will regret it.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just bowled a 166 on Wii bowling, would have been closer to 180 or higher, if not for a 3- frame midway through.

Same game, though, my 4-year-old rolls a 163. Does that make him the Tiger Woods of Wii Bowling?

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My best on the bowling is a 187. I cannot get the touch on the hook for the strike.

The Fit is fucking amazing.

I did Yoga this morning, and right now the wife is doing Alpine ski jumping. Holy shit. Just just wiped out.

10. dieditor

dieditor Member

I got one too, and have a recommendation: if you like old school games like I do, get a Wii points card, hook the Wii up to the internet, and get some of the old Nintendo/Super Nintendo/Genesis games. The Mrs. and I were up until 2 this morning switching between old Super Mario Bros. and Wii Play.

11. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

We got a Wii about a month ago. I love it. My 9 year old daughter likes it, but my 5 year old son could take it or leave it. Most of the games are too hard for him, but he enjoys watching and "coaching" us through Mario Galaxy.

Wii Sports is good. I like the tennis and bowling the best. (My best is 247 for bowling.)

Wii Fit is really fun. You really can work up a sweat. I mostly like the balance games like skiing.

We joined Gamefly, which is like Netflix for video games. They mail em to you, you mail 'em back. We have tried Mario Galaxy, Mario Party 8, Bolt, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, some horse game which I forget, a Cooking Mama game and Tiger Woods golf. The only one of those that really stuck was Mario Galaxy, which is a fun adventure problem-solving game that kids can play. To me, Tiger Woods was ok, but there was just too much going on. It tried too hard to be realistic and it's just overdone. Mario Party 8 is really dumb, by the way. We sent it back the next day.

12. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

Lego Star Wars was broke out today at the Uni household. It is so cool!

Draft saved Draft deleted