1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I got a Wii for Christmas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

This year, Mrs. Hack totally surprises the shit out of me, which is really hard to do. As Jack's ripping up his wrapped gifts, she (the same person who made me swear that we'd buy only for our son, nieces/nephews and other family members and not for ourselves) drops a lime green box in my lap.

I've played Wii casually before at friends' and family members' houses, and while I enjoy it, what are the games I should be looking to buy/play? I'm mostly into sports games (my wife bought the package with Wii sports).

Also, My brother's family gave me Madden 08 as a gift. How comparable is the play for the Wii compared to say the Playstation lines?

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Just got Guitar Hero for Wii. Love it so far.

I also recommend Mario Kart. It's pretty damn addictive.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Only thing I ever played on Wii was Home Run Derby. If you can get past the goofy people inhabiting the game, it's fun as hell.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If you've got the Wii sports package, you're golden. Personally, I prefer the Wii golf -- even over baseball, which is hard to do :)D).

A lot of people love Wii bowling, too.

Anyway, you'll have a lot of fun playing pretty much all of them.

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I also got a Wii for Christmas... I'm already a pro at the bowling (shocker!) and tennis. And my f'ing arm is KILLING me now. These things are dangerous.

6. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Wii baseball is not healthy for the arm.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm loving Wii tennis a lot.

I'm seriously thinking about putting on some wrist weights when I play so I can have some tone in my arms.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Two questions:

1. Will it be easier to find a Wii now that Christmas is over?

2. Do they really cost $250 or am I calling the wrong stores?

9. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Yes and yes (if you're lucky).

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My right hammy is killing me from bowling so much.

My wife's high game is 167. Mine is like a 183.

I have given baseball (pretty cool) and bowling (very cool) some serious attention. I will try boxing tomorrow.

I also have a Wii Fit which I hope to hook up tomorrow.

If anyone has any recommendations for other games, let me know, and I will see if the game spot has it.

Oh, viewing pictures on it is cool, and I synced the internet to it.

11. I'm to the point now where I've got to go get one of these things. I keep hearing how amazing they are, and I want to be a part of it. Ha.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think I have only heard one negative thing said about it, and that was one poster on another thread.

So it's 112-for-113. Pretty good odds.

Draft saved Draft deleted