1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I got a new job ... Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jan 23, 2009.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Actually, they're cracking down on that (no joke). It was a big political issue this fall.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

awesome.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, if bp looks forlorn enough, a hot hotel clerk can give him the penthouse suite for free.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I saw the most amazingly tan homeless guy once in Kona, just collecting change from happy-go-lucky tourists. I decided that if I ever get to the brink of homelessness, my last few hundred is taking me to Hawaii.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Last few hundred? Maybe by canoe. :D

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Say hi to Kelly's grandpa for me. He owns The Hideaway hotel. You can't miss it.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Put all your stuff in your car before you ship it.

Problem solved.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Pern, as part of a family move in which we were overseas for three-plus years, think carefully about every little thing.

I wouldn't take much furniture, if any, unless the company is picking up the entire bill. Keep it simple (and no, the last word doesn't fit here :)).

Clothes, some other keepsakes, maybe a couple boxes of electronics (depending on size of your TV, whether or not you do component audio), etc., etc. and so forth. Another thing is how safe that stuff will be. When our stuff was shipped back stateside, some enterprising sorts ripped into the crates and helped themselves. Given where we were, it may have happened there, but there will be plenty of stops for your stuff between Rhode Island and Hawaii.

Oh, and congratulations. Many of us are jealous, this poster included.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll watch your furniture for you.

FOR GOD'S SAKE LET THE BOY WATCH YOUR FURNITURE!

10. Give me some money.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What the problem with the bean bag chair you have now?

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LET THE BOY BATHE YOUR GRANDMOTHER!

Draft saved Draft deleted