1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So I bought a new house...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Wife and I just bought a new five-bedroom house - a big step up from the two-bedroom apartment we've been in for the last two years and the first time in about 10 years we won't be living in an apartment building.

I know mowing the lawn's going to be a big deal, and I have a feeling this new place won't end up staying as clean as our current digs seeing as how it's three times the size. And I know I now have to worry about things like a sprinkler system, air conditioning unit, furnace and water heater.

Other than that, I'm not too scared about the amount of work my friends are warning me about.

What am I missing?

And by the way, there's a huge deck, so if you're ever in my neck of Canuckistan you're certainly welcome to drop by for a brewski (or, since it's me, a rum-and-cokeski).

2. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Working smoke detectors and CO2 detectors...can't stress it enough.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If you have wild pigs in your area, don't fertilize with dry molasses.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A five-bedroom house? Either you are not a sports writer or Canadians get paid a lot more than their American counterparts.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to point out that on the main forum page, the thread title reads, "So I bought a new ho ..."

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

No, I have yet to buy a ho.

And wouldn't I want wild pigs? Isn't that how the French find truffles or something?

And Angola, I married an accountant.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

The place already has smoke detectors. Do you have to buy as many CO2 detectors as you've got smoke detectors? Do you put them in the same area as the smoke detectors?

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Congrats on the new digs, Gomer.

Don't forget the lawn decor:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. EE94

EE94 Guest

does she make you wear a skirt, girly-paycheque man?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Your missing the part that comes in 1-3 months when your wife decides some room "doesn't look right" and wants to do "just one little project." At that point, save yourself the hassle and just have the paycheque transfered to the Canuck equivalent of Lowe's.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

so THAT's what happens

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. I bought a five bedroom in canuckistan 6 months ago and I now have my cheque sent directly to home depot.

Draft saved Draft deleted