1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Dale Jr.'s leaving DEI?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, May 9, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is she married to Jimmy Elledge?

2. DEI offered controlling ownership -- for a hefty fee. This news came on the heels of Jeff Gordon getting (some) Hendrick ownership for free.

Dale Jr. will be just as popular and possibly more successful away from DEI. He can go to Childress, drive the No. 3 car, keep Budweiser as his sponsor. Fans will eat that shit up.

Teresa Earnhardt? Clueless. She'd better have a damn good plan for the next two years. Yates merger or no, DEI's days as a flourishing outfit probably are over.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Which was....?

4. Thanks for the responses, Wicked and Layman. I never really understood Teresa's role in all of it. That said, however, letting Junior walk strikes me as an astonishingly bad business mistake.

5. boots

boots New Member

He's over rated. There's nothing special about Jr. except the name. His skills aren't exceptional and neither is his car. That's all that needs to be said.

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Yes

7. So I guess we should just end the discussion, since Boots seems to have appointed himself as a moderator.

8. boots

boots New Member

Get a life son. The kid is over rated and you know it. It's time people really looked at him without thinking about his daddy.

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

May not be a mistake, if your intention is to get out of the biz.. With all the talk of the merger w/ RYR, combined with her absentee (at least at the track) status, my gut says Teresa is looking to ease out of things. Just my own NASCAR fanboy hunch, but it does sort have that feel.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Boots, you poisoned one thread on Junior because your your bullshit.
    You want to state your opinion on his driving, go to the racing thread or the random thoughts thread.
    Some of us would like to know about the deal and its impact on NASCAR.
    If you can't stay on topic, to quote yourself, move it to PM's or shut the fuck up. Seriously.

11. boots

boots New Member

Let's get this straight Slappy. big sister closed the thread. Not me. You got a beef? Take it up with her. Otherwise, take your own advice.
    Secondly, I realize it is big news to many. However, I feel the kid is not that great a driver and is over rated. You know he's been living off daddy's dead image for the past five years. Give it a break dude. Call it for what it is.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So she's kind of the Sharon Osbourne of NASCAR?

Draft saved Draft deleted