1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So ... anyone else get storm damage today?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OnTheRiver, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You heard correctly. Not much snow, but it looked like the Arctic with high winds blowing the snow there was all over the place. Mush, you huskies!

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Man, I know hat bridge, the Edison bridge. It is incredibly windy in that spot, and that's not the first time that has happened I'm sure.

Like Lake Erie needs to be more polluted.

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

They cancelled flights out of Evansville to Chicago last night because of the weather. I assumed it was because of how it was here, and someone said "No, it's on Chicago's end."

My immediate response was, "Fuck. You know it's hardcore when the boys at O'Hare are doing that."

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That explains Rambler's thread about being stuck in O'Hare. I'm glad all made it through safe. It is 70 and windy here. I think I saw a bit of dust blow by.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No damage. I had to chain myself and Helen Hunt to a pipe to keep from getting blown away and almost got hit by a flying cow, but things are good.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm missing a screen window.

Draft saved Draft deleted