1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So angry, so very angry (Not so much now, thanks)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Re: So angry, so very angry

Whatever you do, don't let the anger simmer, because the last thing you want is to hold it in until delivery day. If you have this thing still hanging, along with your stress and emotions that day, might lead to a blowup over something little, since you know, these people have to deliver your baby.

2. Re: So angry, so very angry

Especially since they have like 4 to 5 months until the baby is actually born ::)

3. Re: So angry, so very angry

Honest mistake. Surely we've all made them. :)

But call and be nice about it. If you're rude, there's a very good chance that they'll forget next time, too.

I use the same philosophy when I'm out to eat. If you're rude or a douche to a waiter and send your food back, it's almost a guarantee that it's getting spit on or dropped on the floor before it's sent back to you. If you're nice about it, food will come back fine.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I thought this thread was going to be about bad sex.

Anyway, you're totally overreacting. They made a mistake. They can probably fix it. Let them know politely. No need to go ranting and raving over this. Take your cue here from the one who is actually pregnant.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Dude, if you had an ultrasound for your baby and the worst news is you didn't get a DVD out of it, you had a pretty fucking great ultrasound. I was terrified I'd get the dreaded furrowed brow and the "hmmm" from the OB/GYN when she looked at the ultrasound.

Seriously, try to focus on the important stuff. And congrats.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Isn't it considered a bit dangerous by doctors for a pregnant woman to have too many ultrasounds unless it is medically necessary? That's what I was told when my wife was pregnant.

If it is, don't have your wife have another one just to get a video.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, I'm angry now. But I won't be in the morning.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I don't plan to rip the ultrasound tech over it. I was just thinking I should let them know in a polite way. You know, in case it's a problem with the equipment and not operator error.

8. Re: So angry, so very angry

Good point. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat at our first ultrasound for our first kid. We hadn't been planning on a kid yet, but damn, the hole in my stomach I felt at that moment was how I realized I definitely wanted it. Luckily the doctor came in a few minutes later and found the heartbeat.

9. Inky_Wretch

Thanks. And you're right.

I just had to vent. Since my wife wasn't bothered by it, and enraptured by Michael Phelps, y'all were it.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Can't wait till he/she plays T-ball in tournaments...

11. Inky_Wretch

Front page gamer, sidebar and photos.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

DVD with the ultrasound? We just got pictures.

Be thankful the baby is healthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted