1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snowghazi 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 22, 2016.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The throw's about right ... worn-out shoulders in your 50s suck, but surgery sucks worse (I'm told) ... but your humble correspondent doesn't run in the snow. He lumbers his fat ass ever so deliberately, because broken bones suck, too.

Besides, I'm sitting here in my garage brewing beer and looking out at a beautiful, sunny day. Might go do a little chipping and putting later, but I hear the political winds are shifting toward gimmes in chipping.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Berkley County (WV) is reporting 40 inches. I think we have about 19 or so here in my hood. Not cool at all. Pretty fun digging a spot in the backyard for the dog every few hours. The drift of snow at the front door was a show as well.

Again, fuck this.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Some quality sledding in Forest Hill Park. If we don't make it back, Richmond SJ, avenge our deaths.

Riptide likes this.
  5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

With Trump's rules, I could save three or four strokes a hole! "This chip's good" ... have to remember that once the snow melts.

We've still got piles everywhere in the Northwest from late December's "Snowmagedon" up here. Hope everyone on the East Coast is hunkered down and doing OK.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

May have jumped the gun on calling it a dud for RVA. Been snowing crazy hard and blowing sideways for the last two hours or so. We may end up with a foot yet.

8. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Once had to deal with a 60-inch snowstorm that lasted three days. It was fun taking turns digging out a 200-foot driveway without any snowblower.

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't go out, Cosmo. Almost zero visibility on the Southside. It's coming down harder than ever.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, definitely outdated. Saw it this morning in a couple places.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm about to crack open my fifth beer. I ain't goin' nowhere.

JackReacher and Big Circus like this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Lightweight.

Draft saved Draft deleted