1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snowghazi 2016

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jan 22, 2016.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fuck this.

Dyno likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm jealous of the snow photos I'm seeing from friends in DC. Looks great.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Doubt that's going to be an issue. I thought this storm might end up being a dud for us, relatively at least, and that's kind of been borne out. About 5-7 inches. Nowhere near the 18-inch prediction.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

5. sostartled

sostartled Member

Glad we put the wipers up. IMG_1094.jpg

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And PNC is so far away from the rest of downtown Raleigh that you can really only drive there. No one was taking public transportation and walking to the arena.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We are not out of this yet. Today will be the winds.

If the power goes, I have a generator and enough heaters to stay warm and the football will be on the TV. I will also have hot water.

The bigger problem will be getting to the north side of town up by the 295/95 interchange. If anyone gets in a pinch, send me a PM here.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's small consolation for those of you getting buried right now, but at least the temperatures will go above freezing and considerably so for the mid-Atlantic next week. The worst feature of Boston's winter last year was not only that it snowed over six inches about every four days for a month, with at least three storms well over a foot, but that it was the coldest February ever as well. The snow never shrank, leading to all the ice dams and home water damage many people are still repairing. My street, which is a wide two-lane road, was a single lane for two weeks plus.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. 93Devil

Anything that melts on Sunday afternoon will be a frozen brick on Sunday night. Kids are not going to be playing soccer in the park on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday...

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Two feet of snow doesn't just go away. Above freezing temperatures will improve your life, Devil, believe me. For one thing, they allow the roads to be treated during the day when they're just wet, greatly reducing the ice problem.

12. 93Devil

So snow melts? The sun helps that?

Fuck, who knew? I thought the salt was for traction.

Damn, almost a decade in facility maintenance and I never figured that out. Well, shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted