1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snowed under

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deskslave, Aug 17, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Tony Snow to resign as White House spokesman, likely for "financial reasons."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/17/whitehouse.snow/index.html

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I guess his cancer is to the point that he can't work any longer.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He doesn't look good.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Nope. I bet we hear he's passed away within the next couple of months.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, by all means, let's shower Snow with all the loving sympathy he's always shown for the less fortunate. ::)

Rest assured, like all the other high-level Bush flunkies, "financial reasons" are unlikely to ever be a major problem in his life again.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Star, you know in this case it's a cover, are they gonna come out and say he's dying?

7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I just saw an interview with him somewhere...maybe on Dateline...and he looked like he had aged tremendously. The interview just felt like it might be one of his last, so I'm not surprised at this news. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I'll say this for him. He's good at his job. Dana Perino shudders at the thought of having to face the WH press corps every day.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Snow is great at what he does. Perino is a deer in the headlights.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yeah, he eagerly snapped up this job, working for the devil incarnate . . . but he sure as hell doesn;t deserve what's happening to him now. He's looking to pay his own way, while looking out for his family.
    He doesn't deserve any more bad luck, and I'm certainly not going to wish any on him. Godspeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted