1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He's Bob Dylan in 1985 right now. Totally lost. Empire Burlesque lost. And whacked out of his mind to boot.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the new SNL opening credits. Always enjoyed seeing more of NYC after dark. I still don't get the Pete Davidson thing. He's harmless, but hardly worth elevating simply because of who he's seeing off-camera.

3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

It's not only about who you know but who you're fucking.

4. DanOregon

Sure - I figure the tabloids give a fig. The people he works with? So what? It isn't like SNL trumpted Jost going out with Scarlett Johanssen. Granted they've kept it on the down low but still....

5. Severian

Hah! This is news to me.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Late to this, but it's a tricky question -- there have been a ton of talented people who barely made an impression. Janeane Garafalo, Robert Downey Jr., Anthony Michael Hall... you wouldn't even notice they were there.

I'd go with Horatio Sanz, who not only wasn't funny but ruined every sketch by giggling through it.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Severian

swingline likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I might swap Belushi and Murphy, but the top 3 is spot-on.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'd probably go Hartman or Ferrell #1, just because their time on the show was so much longer than Belushi and Murphy. Murphy would be Top 5 for me, probably #3. Belushi is slightly overrated to me, but he would still be in Top 10.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Ferrell was OK, but he couldn't carry Hartman's jock. Hartman might be the greatest sketch actor ever.

heyabbott likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted