1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Five members of the cast (including Alec Baldwin) nominated for Emmys:

Also Bill Hader, Donald Glover, Tina Fey and Tiffany Haddish for their episodes.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind seeing Alex Borstein or Betty Gilpin taking that. And Shalhoub.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is going to have a huge night.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Winkler - who has never won a primetime emmy - will win it. The performance is great and he's about the most-liked guy in Hollywood.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Per his Bill Simmons podcast appearance today, the next episode of James Andrew Miller's "Origins" podcast will be the upcoming season of SNL. Debuting around Sept. 12, the podcast is.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That Winkler never won an Emmy is frankly stunning.

6. DanOregon

The 70s had some powerhouse comedy shows, MASH, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore. I get it, but he is overdue for some acknowledgement.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Well, Fonzie was a great side character, but there wasn't a lot of range required in that role.

8. DanOregon

I think he might have had a better shot in the supporting category - he was always up in the lead - but then you have Ed Asner, the MASHers, the Barney Miller, Taxi, Rob Reiner dominating the supporting.

9. DanOregon

10. DanOregon

It will be interesting to see how the Trump stuff plays now. I think Baldwin pretty much played him as an ignorant boob. I have to think he's going to be played a tick more "mean" this year.
    Typical parody of political types is to exaggerate a character's traits. Even if they had a sketch of him rapping just so he could drop n-bombs - it would be too forgiving and tame.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

12. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted