1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL with Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Mar 24, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I've moved on. I got what I wanted out of him :D

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

The opening stunk. Wonder why they changed Bushes?

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Hope you washed your hands, Sportschick.

4. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I'm with you. I have the sound off when they've gone to the music, but that Carrie Underwood is easy on the eyes.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

This episode only reminds me why I don't watch SNL.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

This isn't snarky or blue font, but I'm curious - any ideas floating out there for better sketches with Peyton? Having him portray Tom Brady at some public scene, and have hot girl after hot girl come up to him with a baby in arms, would've been funny (though maybe missed on some).
    Also, if they could've arranged it, bring back Sandler for one episode as Canteen Boy, and Peyton as another scout.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

They should have done something on how Peyton will endorse practically anything. Mentioning it briefly in the monologue wasn't enough. Maybe take a page out of Jeter's appearance and have him and Tom Brady dress up in drag and act like groupies. If you thought David Wells in women's clothing was bad, can you imagine some of the Colts' O-line? LMAO

8. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Him calling out a series of audibles--maybe as the director, flipping from camera to camera.

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Brilliant!

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

On a scale from 1 to 10, this was a 5.5 at best. SNL sucks so bad.

11. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

I'm telling you, PhilaYank, give us a shot at writing this thing and they would have had something.

Seth Myers--a New Englander--was giving Jeter shit when he hosted. They could have had him trying to torment Manning.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Seriously, Jughead's comedic potential is only matched by his hat size. On that note, good night. I have a fantasy draft to host in 10 hours and nine people to swindle.

Draft saved Draft deleted