1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL with Alec Baldwin: Actually funny

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Nov 12, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

You missed a great triad of The Shield. I taped a good chunk of it for later viewing.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

When is that?

3. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

'I love things that are great.
    Great things are fantastic.'

(Best episode in a couple seasons)

4. Msaint

Msaint Member

sleeper SNL performer of the year: the woman in the car pool skit with baldwin, not sure of her name. she's a little bit of a one-terick pony when she morphs into her "target checkout lady" character, but she plays an absolutely hilarious "straight man."

thing i wish would stop happening? seth myers constantly shaking his head when he delivers the "news."

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Best episode of the year (obviously), and one of the best in the past few seasons, too.

"You know what part of a woman's body I like most? I'm not going to lie. ... The vagina." Classic line, but likely only when uttered in Baldwin's voice and cadence.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I laughed out loud at the McFerrin line. Funny stuff.
    I also love when the long-timers club gets together when they host a show. Steve Martin can play funny.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

If you didn't see this, make sure to catch it in reruns. One of the best SNL's in years. Pretty much everything hit out of the park from Nancy Pelosi to the Tony/Christina duet at the end.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i did miss the opening. was it really pelosi in the opening or a new chick doing pelosi? ??? ??? ???

9. Sly

Sly Active Member

The Tony Bennett sketch is the best recurring sketch on the show.

"Her toenails looked like a row of barbecued Fritos."

Also, BYH, I don't think we're on the same page ... Alec Baldwin has faults? I think he's hysterical.

It would have been funny if Baldwin and McCartney would have reprised the "Mimic" sketch from a few years back ....

10. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I even enjoyed the promo for 30 Rock in the opening monologue. I wasn't much of a Tracy Morgan fan when he was on SNL, but since watching 30 Rock, I have grown to like his character.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at the Britney sketch: Spears is complaining about KFed's infidelity, says he went out on the road, came back "and guess who gets panty crickets, y'all?"
    Baldwin is just flat out hilarious, too. The genital herpes commercial was drop dead funny.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Naa, shockey, it was Kristen Wiig doing Pelosi. I think she'll be able to pull it off, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted