1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL axes three more castmembers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, Sep 20, 2006.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060920/en_tv_eo/20054

Not really going to be sorry to see either Sanz or Mitchell go, but Parnell is one of the best straight men the show has had is at least the last decade.

Discuss.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Goodbye, Horatio.
    You won't be missed.

3. I'll miss his Elton John.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah, and he even made himself laugh while doing that, too.

5. parnell was great in anchorman

"all that poop coming out of your mouth, poop-mouth. ron, you were my hero. how could you do that?"

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Most disturbing part of that story: Seth Meyers returns as head writer for the show.

While the acting over the last couple seasons hasn't been great by any stretch, the writing sucked at least twice as much. It was just such crap. They've gone two years now without one decent recurring bit. That's having absolutely zero creativity as a group.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Parnell is the only one of those three who will be missed... Sanz was beyond awful. Finesse Mitchell was worthless...

Of course, you could pretty much say the same thing about this entire cast...

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Sounds like Parnell was either a mutual decision or one of his own volition, since he's doing a TV show.

SNL will be a lot better sans Horatio, and the only thing I recall ever seeing Mitchell was in the opening credits.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it definitely sounds like it was Parnell's decision to leave... Good for him...

10. Sly

Sly Active Member

I definitely won't miss Parnell. We get it, Chris. You're white! And you're gangster rapping! Oh, the paradox that presents! Please do it again next week!

Also, Parnell was axed a few years back but Will Ferrell said he'd also quit if Michaels didn't bring his buddy back.

Glad to see that SNL is clearing some of the deadweight. While I think Rachel Dratch is generally funny, seeing her in every sketch was getting a bit old. Sanz could be a good sixth or seventh player on the show, but couldn't deliver consistently. As for Finesse Mitchell, I struggle to remember any of his sketches.

I think that SNL has a good nucleus on which to build when it comes to Sudeikis, Hader, Samberg and the new chick who plays the Target Lady. Now they just need a headliner ... which is easier said than done.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

SOrry that Sanz is leaving, but leaving Meyers and the humorless Will Forte? Thank god for expanded cable...

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And they're opening the new season with Dane Cook hosting, too.

De-fucking-lightful.

Draft saved Draft deleted