1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL -- 5/8 .. now with 100 percent more Betty White

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 11, 2010.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just an OK episode on the overall scale of SNL, but well above average for the past few years. Betty killed in the monologue. And I actually thought the census skit was pretty funny.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lorne Michaels is the executive producer of 30 Rock and she's still based out of NYC. Also, as successful as 30 Rock is with critics, it still doesn't get great ratings, so it doesn't hurt when she and Baldwin and Morgan are out there promoting it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought it was good - but the fact that it took a Facebook campaign to get White to host is pretty lame. It says a lot about Lorne's instincts these days, programming the show to the tastes of 13-year-old boys staying up late on Saturdays.
    The skits were good, I wouldn't mind an annual homecoming show where they plug in various castmembers (especially those that never worked together) into skits. Jane Curtin and Tina Fey, Dana Carvey and Darrell Hammond....though the entrance applause would make the show run late. Maybe make it a two hour special on a Sunday.

My biggest shock was that they didn't do a Match Game takeoff with Hader as Charles Nelson Reilly, Keenan as Nipsey Russell, maybe Rachel Dratch as Brett Somers, could have been great with White there.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

And now there's a facebook campaign for Carol Burnett to host.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The difference between Burnett and White is that people under the age of 40 actually remember White's work.

Draft saved Draft deleted