1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 2/7/09

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That was a pretty good line right there.

"You're not a body builder."
    "You're the liar. You're not a 12-year-old boy."

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lock of the year - "I'm on a boat" will be played at every party cove this summer.

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

This James Harrison skit is pretty funny. Nothing hilarious, but amusing.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Took you guys long enough. I thought you all bailed on the show (probably not a bad idea). Just getting started now. Opening sucked (as usual).
    BTW, anyone here a TV on the Radio fan? Bought the CD based on all the glowing reviews (album of the year in many cases). Haven't gotten into it yet. Maybe it's the type that takes several listens?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The skit "Bad Boys, Good Conversation" was actually very funny. Bill Simmons probably thought it was the greatest four or five minutes ever.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

was that the one where they kept singing?

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

"I'm Gonna Have Sex With Your Wife" was awful.
    The digital short was absurd, but pretty funny. I like flippy-floppies. Don't love the T-Pain vocoder effect, but it does sound kind of cool. I guess I can see the appeal (I think it'd help if I was drunk or high), but it sure as hell ain't hip-hop. Rant over. Anyone going to buy the "Incredibad" Digital Shorts CD/DVD? Didn't think so.
    I love these skits with Sudeikas and Co. where they're just riffing and then singing the chorus to the chosen song. My favorite was the one with Ricky Nelson's "Garden Party."
    To be continued ...

8. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Good question. I didn't see a title on it. But it was solid.

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

OK, "Golden Age" is probably the best on the CD, but this sounds like total shit. Can't anyone play live anymore?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

GREAT line by Seth on WU in his "Really!" segment.

"If you're at a party and you see Michael Phelps smoking a bong, and your first thought isn't, 'Wow, it's cool that I'm partying with Michael Phelps," and instead your first thought is, "I need to take a picture now and sell it to a tabloid," well, then you might need to take a long look in a mirror, because you are a DICK."

Really.

11. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Samberg: "Let's just say a lot of girls laid their head at the Spitz-Carlton."
    Seth: "That's clever."
    Samberg: "It works on two levels, because Carlton is what I call my penis."

12. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

"REALLY?!" just isn't the same without Amy. Still not bad, and that line was a great line, shotty.

Draft saved Draft deleted