1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 2/24: The Ballad of Dwight K. Schrute

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 24, 2007.

1. So all Canadian bands feature multi-instrumentalists?
    Garth must be so proud.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Sock -- I swear I woke up the neighbors when the "creepy kid from the Grudge" came up, and during the celebrity interviews with Mark Wahlberg. For those who didn't see it, they were playing off the Oprah Oscar special, in which celebs interviewed each other. In this one, it was Marky Mark and the Asian chick "who showed more bush than a family reunion in kennebunkport." During the interview, she (well, he... since it was Bobby Lee playing her) kept splaying legs and pulling up the skirt, to which "Marky" would show obvious disgust. One time, he said -- and I quote -- "It's like I have a bird's-eye view of Chewbacca's shower drain!"
    Still laughing about that one.
    Plus, we got to see Arden Myrin in nothing but bra and panties. Made my night.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I love MadTV. But I don't need to compare it to SNL to love it.

SNL misses more than it hits these days. But I'll still watch it for when it does hit. And it did several times last night.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Hey, does anyone need more cotton candy?

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

For anyone who missed it, here's the monologue from the show, featuring the spot-on impersonations of Office characters.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Muahhahaaha that girl was dead-on Pam. And the guy did have Jim's smirk down pat.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

it was excellent. down to the rashida jones cameo. 8) :eek: ;D

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Outside of the monologue, it was not that great.

Is it just the old man in me talking, or was this SNL a bit too low-brow? The pee in the mouth, the crotch cotton candy, the puking Prince Harry ... don't know about you, but I expect more intelligent fare from the not-ready-for-primetime players.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Thanks for posting this, that was hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted