1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 2/24: The Ballad of Dwight K. Schrute

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ellis Redding, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Will this be replayed at some point?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never. God I wish E! would buy SNL re-runs. :D

3. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

As usual, SNL hits the slippery downward slope at/after the Weekend Update.

Aunt Linda sucked. And so far, so do the skits following the Update.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Katherine Wiig is prolly my favorite thing on the show. I like Aunt Linda and love the Target checkout lady. The monologue was a good play off the Office. Other than that, the show's been just OK.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Arcade Fire is a very interesting Canadian indie rock band. Saw them play live a while back in Central Park. Every song seemed to feature different musicians switching off on different instruments ... French horn, harps, xylophones. They also sang a lot about death; I read later that many of the band members suffered tragedies or had family members die around the same time, thus the theme.
    They're a hodge podge of Springsteen, U2, Davie Bowie, Metallica, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Bjork, among others. Highly recommend seeing them live.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

I watched MadTV and laughed out loud about a dozen times. Mad is superior to SNL when it comes to social commentary and celeb spoofs. SNL tries too hard; MadTV just grinds it out.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I was pretty impressed too. Struck me a bit like a latter-day Talking Heads.

8. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

D. Byrne had them open up for him a tour or two ago. That's what launched them. Big fan here.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Heh. Pretty astute, huh? ;)

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

That guy (sorry, have no idea the names of the cast members anymore) did a spot-on Jim Halpert.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not Noonie. NOOOOnie! :D

What was that instrument one of them was playing on the second song? It looked like a lute except the player was turning a crank on it.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

There was an article on them in yesterday's Globe and Mail.

Here's the link: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070224.ARCADE24/TPStory/?query=arcade+fire

Draft saved Draft deleted