1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (2/14)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Feb 14, 2009.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

It seems like they really missed their target audience with the JoBros, here.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

They do make me laugh, though, when the most milquetoast dudes in the world try to pull off "rock moves" like thrusting a fist in the air or inserting "Wooo!" in their lyrics. It's kinda like seeing the Carpenters throw the devil's sign in the air while headbanging.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Were the Jonas Brothers even playing those guitars? And the vocals were fuckin' horrid.

And the SNL staff should have lambasted them for wearing purity rings. You could even make a whole skit out of it.

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Wow, the Angelina Jolie thing...again. Bitch, please stop.

5. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

now that i would've paid to see.

as for the joanie bros., why do entertainment execs keep trying to show them down adult throats when their audience is in middle school. even my ninth grade nieces are embarrassed that they used to be fans.

6. Killick

Shot their load on the Joaquin Phoenix thing without a laugh, too.

Oh, at least here's a Vincent Price special. I honestly enjoy these.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

true dat. was watching with my 15-year-old who spent the entire time mocking the jona bros. he knows of NO ONE among his peers who like them even a little bit. sheesh.

8. Killick

Okay, the Vincent Price V-Day special was pretty funny.

Price: "What's so great about a strange hand poking through a hole?"
    Liberace: "Plenty."

Price: "How long do I have to tug on this thing before something happens?"
    Liberace: "Uh..."
    Price: "Shut up, Liberace!"

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

So is this still a hot ticket in New York or does NBC have to pay the audience to watch?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

HA! We were TIVOing thru it and my wife goes "Hey you missed a skit." I said no, that's an ad. She didn't believe me so I had to flip back. She basically had the same reaction as Killick.

Good opening skit, a few really funny lines by Meyers on WU (the one about Onstar begging for help when the satellites crashed and the A-Rod one, in particular). The Vincent Price thing doesn't amuse me (sorry Killick) and then I left the room for a while, came back and saw they were re-running the chewable Pampers ad. Which was funny, but it says a lot when it's being re-aired a week or two later...on a night with their best host.

Suck, shit, fail.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Isn't that the title of your autobiography? :D

12. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

Then they re-ran the Hot Air Balloon commercial. Seriously horrible episode.

I thought the NPH episode a few months ago was disappointing, but this was way worse.

Draft saved Draft deleted