1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL (12/16) - Justin Timberlake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 17, 2006.

1. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I watched the intro, the monologue and JTimberlake as a Bowl of Soup, then turned off SNL. I missed the best part ... we had a holiday gathering at the house today and a coworker made me watch the best part. Dick in a Box was effing hilarious! Next to Lazy Sunday, I'll bet performing with Justin Timberlake was the highlight of Andy Samberg's career.

Aside from that (and I'm still laughing), the problem with SNL is that while the intent is funny, the sketches are just dragged out way too long.

2. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I still laugh hysterically when Target lady's on.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just a great, great parody. Did they research every Color Me Badd video for that? Absolutely priceless skit.

4. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I actually logged on to start this very thread. That "Dick in a Box" song was the funniest thing I've seen on that show in a long time. The rest of the show? Eh, not so much.

Actually, a few weeks ago when Ludacris was the host there was a great sketch with a character called "Blizzard Man." Did anyone else see this? It's laugh out loud funny. "The girls shake their boobs and my dingy gets excited." Then they show Ludacris pumping his fists in beat, hilarious. Not sure why they can't be consistently funny.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

There's really just one recurring sketch on this show -- "Two A-holes ..."

That's a problem. And it's going to continue to be a problem so long as they keep up this dumbass practice of including the guest host in every damn skit. I'm pretty sure it started a couple years ago, when they really had nothing to fill time with and they just stuck the hosts in some ridiculous sketch to draw a couple of cheap laughs.

But if they want to get this show back to where it was before Ferrell left, they've got to find some recurring bits -- specifically, some consistently funny recurring bits. Having those skits only helps the show, since most of the work is done before they even write the lines. They get two or three that they can rely on week after week, they can then spend more time writing the rest of the show.

Hell, I think that's the reason this week's show was one of the best in a long time. They went back and pulled some old stuff and it gave them more time to come up with better skits to fill in the holes.

And if you don't believe this was one of the best SNLs in a long, long time, you haven't been watching the last three years. There have been several that were absolutely painful to watch.

6. Msaint

Msaint Member

timberlake basically playing forrest gump's dumber, prince valiant-haired brother for the target lady sketch was pretty funny. "i hope a third thing doesn't haaapppen to themmmmm..."

and the "dick in a box" short was f'n hysterical, IMO.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Two A Holes is pretty funny, too. They did one when Annette Benning was hosting, where the TAH volunteered to be Mary and Joseph at a live nativity. Pretty good stuff.

8. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Give it on up to Homelessville!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Timberlake was very solid... Dick in a Box had me in hysterics... Homelessville was pretty funny too...

The news now sucks and that's very unfortunate...

10. damn, a friend just forwarded me the dick-n-box youtube and i logged on here to post it.....

i've watched the thing 10 times already. just hysterical.

11. boots

boots New Member

Timberlake has limited talent but he's fun to watch perform. He's doing what Elvis did, mimicking black performs for green pieces of paper.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Gee, and I was almost freightened to look when I saw boots was chiming in on "Dick in a Box." I'm disappointed -- almost too tame. You feeling alright, B?

Draft saved Draft deleted