1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 11/13

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Nov 13, 2010.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Just wanted to get the jump on things by saying this opening sketch is both interminably long and unfunny.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Sounds like the last 15 years of SNL.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The parody of the commercial for the train movie was funny.

The new guy who was doing Denzel pretty much nailed it.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This is the first ep I've seen this season, and I didn't really look up at the TV during the Denzel one. Is this dude doing Kanye the same one who did Denzel? Because he's good at Kanye.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Rhode Island is Connecticut's foreskin? Wrong, Seth Myers. Connecticut is our bitch.

6. EagleMorph

EagleMorph Member

The dude's a master. His name' Jay Pharoah, and he's done Will Smith, Denzel, Kanye, Eddie Murphy, and more. He's also got an awesome Obama impression, but they still use Fred Armisen's weakass work.

7. imjustagirl

As an ex-Connecticutian, the only thing you have over CT is Chipotle.

However, you also have schieza.

CT wins.

8. terrier

I've lived in Connecticut, and can tell you from personal experience that when Olbermann called Bristol the most God-forsaken city on earth, he was right on.

9. imjustagirl

Well you didn't say RI was better than Bristol. You said it was better than the whole state.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Overall, pretty decent show. Any show with Manuel Ortiz in it is a winner.

11. terrier

Future Mrs. T. the first time she came to visit me in Connecicut? "Has anybody in this state ever had an original thought?" It's like one giant, particularly soulless suburb..dead shopping malls like mountains beyond mountains, and there's no end in sight...

12. imjustagirl

Connecticut: The state that supports gay marriage but cuts off the sale of beer in stores at 8:30 p.m.

Draft saved Draft deleted