1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL 1/30

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lisa_simpson, Jan 31, 2010.

1. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

12:45 and no SNL thread with Jon Hamm hosting? Y'all are slippin'.

This episode has been a little more hit-or-miss than his first go-round, but funny overall. Seth totally killed Weekend Update. So far, no return of the Jon Hamm's John Ham, but the Hamm & Buble restaurant commercial was pretty damn funny. Kudos to Michael Buble for playing along so gamely.

Also, Jon Hamm should never grow a beard ever again.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, the Scott Brown skit made me laugh really loudly.

"So you're Speaker of the House? I hope you're a screamer in the bedroom. I'd like to introduce something to the floor. It's called your panties."

Awesome.

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

John Hamm has shown he has real comedic timing and talent. When Mad Men ends (not anytime soon I hope!) he can quickly kill any kind of typecasting by doing a comedic role.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Hope he finds better material than the garbage he had tonight.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The last part where he's been given birth to had me rolling.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hulu here I come.

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Sergio! was awesome.
    I also liked the "Closet Organizer" commercial... and then the call-back in the last 15 minutes - the "Closet Organizer" guy out of costume in a bar. Deliciously meta.
    Enjoyed the show overall, but seriously, I'm so sick of Kristen Wiig's one-note characters. That first sketch of hers just had me twitching it was so bad. I hope nobody gave up on the show after that, because the rest was so much better than that dreck.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It's SNL, some people still have the hope that it will return to the days when it was funny, you know, 20 years ago.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That was hilarious. By far the funniest sketch of the night. The Robert Byrd part was the best.

Other than that, the episode was completely lackluster, per usual.

11. That was me!
    Five minutes in I was done.
    "Don't make me sing."
    How many damn times did she say that? And I suffered through the while damn skit. Then turned it off.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Here's the Scott Brown skit. Hilarious.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/124880/saturday-night-live-new-senator

Draft saved Draft deleted