1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snip snip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Reacher, What if this isn't about you ?
    What if you meet someone who wants this more than anything ?
    Minds change.
    Sometimes they change on a dime.

Guys... Can I get some backup here ???

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Meh. Within 10 years, reversal surgery is successful more often than not. After that, are you really young enough to be raising a kid?

3. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

FREEZE SOME SEMEN, Reacher!!! For God's sake, freeze some!!!

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm not a guy, but how is it not about him? If he meets someone who wants a child more than anything, she's not the right person for him if he doesn't. A father who is ambivalent about kids (or worse) is a terrible thing. I've seen it in my extended family.

cranberry likes this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm with Lugnuts here. Store some extra juice with Ted Williams' head.

6. cranberry

Yep. If you both want kids and think you will be great parents and have the means (financial, emotional) to take care of them, fine, bang out some babies.

But kids are expensive and require a huge commitment. Too many parents don't think this through and too many men end up just going along with it to keep their wives happy and end up feeling miserable and trapped.

I applaud Reacher.

JackReacher and Dyno like this.
  7. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

On the other hand, infertility is one of the most painful things anyone can go through.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree. But it's also a valid choice to not want kids.

9. cranberry

I like to think infertility will increasingly become less painful for women as fewer girls are raised to think having kids is their primary purpose in life.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Uh, no. That's total bullshit. Some women (and men, including me) just would like to have kids.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

And if I was infertile and really wanted to have kids, I would be highly offended by your post.

12. cranberry

So? That doesn't mean dealing with infertility wouldn't be easier for women if fewer of them defined themselves by it. I continue to make sure my daughter doesn't see herself through that particular lens.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    JC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted