1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sneaking in to movies...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 8, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I used to pay for one movie and then sneak into another one. In high school we once wanted to see if we could do it from when the theather opened (10 a.m.) until it closed (midnight). We ended up giving up after sitting through The Marrying Man, which was too much for any of us to stomach and left around 8 p.m. after seeing five movies. If memory serves, the only one we paid for was "Opportunity Knocks" which is one of Dana Carvey's better movies (not that that's saying much).

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I wouldn't waste your time. I've been told the new X-Men movie sucked and that was coming from a HUGE comic book buff friend of mine.

I'll take his word on it and avoid it until it comes out on DVD.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The Wolverine one? I'm not a hardcore comic book guy, but I did read a fair number when I was a kid. It wasn't awful, it was just so predictable.

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Oh, sorry. Didn't specify. But, yes, the Wolverine one. He didn't exactly say why he hated it, but he told me to not bother. I was going to go see the new Star Trek movie with him but we decided not to at the last minute.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Imagine you read a few comic books or saw the X-Men cartoons when you were a kid, just enough to know Wolverine's backstory.

Then say to yourself "What would his backstory look like compressed into a two-hour, big budget movie starring Hugh Jackman?"

What you pictured in your head would be *exactly* what you got in the movie.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I've heard there is already talks of making a X-Men Origins: Magneto movie, too. I don't know if this is already a known fact or if this is simply a rumor.

7. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

My fiancee's grandparents recently admitted to the crime of sneaking in a second movie. Her grandmother said if she didn't yell at him that it was time to go home, they'd be sneaking into a third one as well.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I feel shame for not thinking of that before now.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Have a ho cake. You'll feel better.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You got the wine ho cake?

12. Johnny Dangerously

All out. It's very popular on Mother's Day for some unexplainable reason.

Draft saved Draft deleted