1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SnarkUnder Fire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 10, 2006.

1. http://www.time.com/time/world/printout/0,8816,1543658,00.html

Wow.

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Oh my god, what moving, revealing stuff. Thanks.

Great last line in the Best Chuck Norris section.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ugh.

Most Profound Man in Iraq — an unidentified farmer in a fairly remote area who, after being asked by Reconnaissance Marines if he had seen any foreign fighters in the area replied "Yes, you."

"We will be treated as liberators."

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Moving stuff there.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I admire Time for pointing out that both sides would be surprised at the letter. I admire the kid's sense of duty.

By the way, I want the Chuck Norris guy to run for mayor of my town.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Great letter.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I don't believe that was written just by one person, and I also question its validity. But that's me.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Without turning this into a pissing match or a debate, what can we do to make it better over there? What can we do to cut down the death rate among U.S. troops? What can we do to make our raids and intel better (without resorting to torture, that is)? What can we do to maybe let more people like this Marine make it home to his family?

9. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Why?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yeah, I'm with you Duane. Not sure why you'd doubt the validity. If you put that thought out there, it's kinda appropriate to maybe give a reason why.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Because every thread that goes up has to have somebody question its validity -- a sign of the sad times we live in. So many liars that it's impossible to believe anybody has integrity and turns most of us into insufferable cynics. BTW, I share Goalmouth's thoughts, just because it's damn near impossible not to.

That said, great stuff.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Great letter.
    Loved the midget part.

Draft saved Draft deleted