1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Snakes on the bed!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Armchair_QB, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So my wife comes home last night and tells me she has a story I won't believe.

One of her co-workers has a friend with a pet snake. Can't remember if it's a python or a boa constrictor but it's one of those huge ass snakes that eats live animals, which will become an important point to remember as I retell this story.

The co-worker's friend had been letting the snake sleep in the same bed with her for some reason.

Yes, that's creepy as hell. And pretty fucking stupid as it turns out.

Well recently the woman noticed that her snake had stopped eating and she couldn't figure out why. She also noticed that it no longer slept coiled up in ball on the bed. Instead it was now sleeping completely stretched out on the bed.

The woman called a vet and asked him what to do.

He said "bring it in immediately, we need to put it to sleep."

She asked why.

"Because it stopped eating to starve itself for a big meal. It's stretching itself out next to you at night to measure you before he tries to eat you."

She doesn't have the snake anymore.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wow ... now that's fucking creepy. And I like snakes.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Either that's a creepy lie or one of the scariest fucking things ever. Jesus.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When I went to Thailand a few years ago, my friends and I decided to take a three-day trip into the jungle. When we arrived at a national park, we decided to spend the night in these tree huts they had at the entrance before going into the jungle the next day.

During the middle of the night, my friend Jim woke up screaming and saying a snake had crawled on him. We searched all over the hut and found nothing. We told him he was nuts and went back to sleep.

In the morning, I opened the door to step out and coiled up right there was a badass-looking snake staring straight at me. I don't think it was poisonous because it had a bright red head (usually that means they want to look poisonous, but actually aren't), but I quickly closed the door. I looked down and saw a gap to the side of the door where it very likely could have slipped in and out of.

When I told Jim, he promptly gave us the "I told you so," routine. He also then got even more freaked out.

That was the last snake we saw ... until we passed a King Cobra in the jungle.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

OK, your wife's friend lied.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/snakes/measured.asp

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Dude, that's nuts.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That damn snopes. Always kills the coolest stories. :D

8. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

"I'm tired of these mother#*@&$% snakes on the mother#*@&$% bed!!

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So AQB, why is your wife's friend lying?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Snopes says you don't have a wife.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Damn. Beat me too it. And I just read the style guide and everything.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This made me laugh really hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted