1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SMG's latest offering: Wright Thompson

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 19, 2007.

1. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Sigh. He was born one year before I got into the business full time.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Please behave thyself, SportsJournalists.com.

3. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Damn. I didn't realize he was a) that young or b) that rad. I already enjoyed his writing, just didn't know anything about the guy behind the stories.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The answer about the hotel in D.C. being his daddy's favorite ... is he Hunter's son?

I know I probably should know the answer to it, but I don't, and a quick Google didn't clarify it for me.

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=fathersday

6. Yup, that's the one

7. Some fantastic stuff in that interview.

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yes, that was really good.

9. sptwri

sptwri Member

Y'all missed a true moment during the Missouri at Ole Miss pre-game in the Grove. Wright, in a seersucker suit, talking me through crowd to his family tent. I just wished I didn't have to cover the game so I could have sucked down more Makers Mark than is ever advisable.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was one of the better ones... SMG gets some great writers, but doesn't usually deliver like that... I still prefer the ones The Big Lead does...

Nice work SMG...

Draft saved Draft deleted