1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Personally, I think TBL comes off as a naive doofus in the interview who doesn't seem to know a damn thing about sports or journalism other than how to quickly grab crap that other people have written and slap it on a web page.

2. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Posted this on the other thread about this: the Fozzie stuff just isn't funny anymore.

It seems to me like he's gotten the gist of the Leinart post, though he still didn't mention the FSU player stuff.

I don't begrudge him his success; he's certainly found a niche, whatever it might be.

But yeah, the Fozzie stuff is just dumb now.

3. BartonK

BartonK Active Member

Re: SMG interviews The Big Lead

Say what you will about the guy, his thoughts on Marriotti were pretty dead-on.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Big deal. I could have written that just from reading this board without ever having met Marriotti or having read his stuff. Which, come to think of it, is probably what happened.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NEWSPAPERS!

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Quality, quality work. :D I hope this catches on.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Joel, Don't forget the false story the guy posted about Billy Donovan, and his edit after the fact that simply said, "EDIT: the story is fake. It’s all satire," followed by the post in the comments section that said, "Damn. Had a hunch it was fake, but it was too funny not to pass on to Imig. This one’s on me, folks"

If he had a hunch it was fake, why did he put it up on his blog?

Link is: http://thebiglead.com/?p=4645

Leinart, DeCody Fagg, Billy Donovan. And posting something unattributed saying that Rick Reilly was making out with a woman who was "looking like a stripper" the whole time, in the press box of the LSU/Florida game, without even trying to talk to Reilly (and his recent explanation that he didn't bother because he knew he would deny it anyhow).

And those are just the cases I know about of the guy either posting things harmful to someone without any attempt to verify it, or in the case of Donovan, him posting something absolutely false. I am sure there are others. He hasn't gotten the gist of anything. People should know his standards, or lack of them, and how he doesn't want facts to get in the way of page hits.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

IJAG, you're a righteous bird, man, but put down the big guns and lay off the heavy shit on my man Fozzie. Everything's coool, babe.

Fozzie's the shit, man, he never bogarts my cheeba, unless my cheeba happens to be Fruit Roll-Ups. The only time he's jive is when he's borrowing a fin to put down on some funky ass East Carolina basketball game.

SJ is coool, man. Now how do I turn my sax into a bong?

9. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

he seems to work long hours - as in any small business he's got to do everything himself -

he punted on questions about the blog wars and 'major league' of blogs -

they're all scratching for market share - it's nastier than he let on

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, then, don't laugh and scroll down. Still farking funny. Every time.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I disagreed on the other thread too, dools.

Funny in the right hands. It's not always in the right hands. Much like eight-second jokes, or spnited is old jokes, or IJAG stalks jokes.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

The truth isn't supposed to be funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted