1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Slutty Wednesday!'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 7, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Female students at a New York high school protested the school's conservative dress code by dressing like sluts yesterday:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/tramping_out_oNxP1rfXokh3litpAagn1K

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Seems like regular school attire in Arizona.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

More first world problems.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Slutty Wednesday -- or as they call it at UCLA, Wednesday.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Looks like its time for me to go into teaching.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If clothing is not important, why are you complaining/protesting about it?

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Since it's the Post, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but the two girls photoed "challenging" the dress code do seem super waspy, and the two girls that "stay within the rules" are Tahmina Alam and Tina Kuo. FWIW, I didn't see the problem with any of the outfits, and like any hamfisted school policy, this probably creates and encourages more problems than it solves.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

At Poin High, every day is Slutty Wednesday among the female teachers.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I think the meaning is that clothing should not be an important factor to the administration of this school. The primary concern should be, are the students doing the work they are supposed to do?

Just another case of school administrators being out to lunch, like the school in Brampton, Ontario, that has banned any form of hugging, even if it's two girls walking down the hallway arm in arm.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1207115--brampton-students-fight-for-the-right-to-hug

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

The thing is at this school they probably don't have more important things to worry about. Stuyvesant is one of a few public schools in NYC that has a difficult entry exam. I'm not a fan of school uniforms but these kids most likely will be working on Madison Ave or Park Ave in a few years so they shouldn't get used to dressing like the girls from Jersey Shore.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Those "Slutty Wednesday" outfits would blend in fine here on "Modest Monday" based on some get-ups I have seen at schools.

12. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I give those two a solid 6...meaning 3 for each of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted