1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Sloppy Seconds" - What's the worst an ex (or current) has said about you?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Dec 3, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I believe he dated Molly Sims (or some other model) who's now dating another player as well.

He's a shithead.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

thanks, ijag. i'm not a hockey person, so I really don't read that thread, you know, ever. but geezus that's dumb that he got suspended. i'm with the rest of the girls (except, apparently, HC) on this one.

ok, back to the topic at hand...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Which is all true, for all I know.

Guy still shouldn't lose his livelihood for calling a puckbunny a puckbunny.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I think this may have just been the final straw. He's been an instigating little shit for years. This on its own shouldn't be suspension worthy though. Might tell the officials to let the new boyfriend and his buddies beat the shit out of him on the ice however.

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Sean Avery, not Steve Avery. Former Major League pitcher is and always has been a class act. Sean Avery is one of the biggest douchebags I've ever met.

6. beanpole

beanpole Member

My ex said something along the lines of:

"You'll never do anything in your life. You'll just write about people who do."

Still stings.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

All you girls are just jealous that Sean Avery wasn't talking about you.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dammit, good catch. I always liked Steve, and I guess he's still the first one I think of. I'll go fix.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spit take

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Ouch. That almost ruined my Cookie Crisp.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Went out with a girl one time. She was (was) in tight with the group I hang out with around here, and around the time she started hanging out is when I took her to a ballgame because she told me that's what she wanted to do.

Then proceeds to tell everyone, including my roommate who has been one of my best friends since college, how I was such an asshole and rude to her. Then somehow kept saying she was throwing herself at me and that I wouldn't fuck her, even though she was all but begging for it. That part I didn't mind. It was how she tried to make me out to be an asshole when I was nothing short of a nervous, kinda smitten gentleman at the time. The story lived on for months, and while one friend kind of hinted that I was apparently an asshole who disappointed her, my side never really came out because I never figured she'd lie so blatantly. Once my side did come out, and it was nearly polar opposite... like I said, she WAS in tight with us.

Draft saved Draft deleted