1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slim-fitting shirt brands?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Those slim cut shirts are definitely a trend. In general, American shirts have been cut and fitted looser.
    I'm not debating that you like the look. People should wear what they like.
    And a trend can become the norm. Maybe 50 years from now no one will remember looser cut shirts.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

To each his own. I figure if they make a shirt that fits me comfortably, they've earned the right to advertise it.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just don't like logos on my clothes, particularly a teen-age mall store like AE.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Eddie Bauer also offers a slim fit for it's wrinkle resistant shirts. They also offer relaxed fits.

If you're going to get shirts, I would highly recommend the wrinkle/stain resistant shirts. Just remember, no fabric softener when you wash.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can only wear slim fit shirts, otherwise it looks like I have a parachute tucked into my shirt.

If found the following brands work well, but they all call them different things:

Express - Modern Fit and Ultra Modern Fit (even smaller)
    Polo - Regent Classic Fit (have only found one of these)
    Calvin Klein - Slim fit (may be the best of all)
    Perry Ellis - City Fit (still run a bit big)
    Macy's also has some house brands like Alfani that fit well, but seem to get really wrinkly and Club Room, but the Club Room shirts are usually button collar, and summery looking.

I'm still trying to find some Ben Sherman fitted shirts, they have some sweet designs.

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Logos are a deal-breaker for me, especially if they are on my ass. I have successfully performed labelectomies on a couple pair of khakis and one shirt, but if they are embroidered on the chest like Ralph's fucking horsie, that is obviously not going to happen.

7. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I have a couple "Polo"-type short sleeve shirts from Banana Republic (no logo!) that are slim fitting.
    And as someone mentioned above, Express has slim-fitting long-sleeve button-downs.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

this guy has a nice collection of form-fitting shirts

http://movies.about.com/od/bruno/ig/Bruno-Photos/brunopic6.htm

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Does Ed Hardy make slim-fit shirts?

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The guys from Spoon agree with the thread starter.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Just to settle down all the jokesters, when I say "slim fitting," I don't mean skin tight from head to toe.

I'm mostly talking about material at the waist, where it tucks in.

"Tapered" might be a better description than "slim-fit."

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I prefer the juicy label myself

Draft saved Draft deleted