1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sleep

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jul 6, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I usually go to sleep around sunrise and sleep until 2 p.m. However, I wake up at least 8-10 times every night. I rarely sleep more than two-three hours at a time, and the closer I get to waking up for the day, the more frequent the intervals, every 20-30 minutes.

2. Monkey

Monkey Member

Love me some Live. Saw them first in 1995 at Memorial Gym in Nashville. Horrible place for a concert, but did sit in the same row as Winona Ryder, who was dating Ed at the time. Good show, if only because they played a ton of stuff off Mental Jewelry (including Mirror Song, my personal favorite). After swearing off CDs during college after my collection was stolen, I still made sure to re-purchase Mental Jewelry (along with REM's Automatic for the People and Nirvana Unplugged) -- I could listen to that thing 20 times on a cross country trip and never get tired of it.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I've noted a couple of things about my sleep habits.
    When I had a live-in, or long-term guest, I generally mirrored what she did. If she was in bed when I got home, I went to bed and woke up with her. Maybe I'd work in a little nap after she left for work. If she was up, I'd stay up until we both went to bed together.
    When I didn't have a sleep-over party, and working nights, I generally didn't get to bed until 3 or 4 in the morning, if that. Last call is at 5 in these parts. Then up by 10 or 11 each day. Nothing sucked more than working late desk, then sleeping until 2 and being back at work at 3.
    Now that I work days, I have  trouble falling asleep, old habits die hard. But when I do, I usually sleep pretty solid.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

"The Beauty of Gray" indirectly inspired my tattoo. :D

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Do you have a picture of Spaulding Gray tattooed on your ass?

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No, but I have a tramp stamp with a picture of Pete Gray swinging with one arm. ;D

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I woke up because I had to go to the bathroom. Because I seem to have a knack for picking just the right time to do this, somebody else was in the bathroom when I was downstairs. I sat and waited about 5-10 minutes, went, then went back to bed and it took me about 90 minutes or so to get back to sleep.
    I would have been better off if I just stayed up.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, so? ;) ;D

haven't you ever wondered if what you did was different than what others did? not that i would be crushed if i found out my sleep habits were totally out of whack with the rest of society but it's interesting to find these things out. i have real-life friends but it's not like i can gather them all in one place and ask them about their sleep habits.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Until February, sleep was hit or miss for me, especially since I was still adjusting from the night shift at a newspaper lifestyle (home by 1 or 2 a.m., asleep until 9 or 9:30) to a regular 9-to-5 non-newspaper lifestyle.

But I began taking anxiety medication and I sleep fine now. My head is clear and no jumble of thoughts muddling everything.

10. Lion_Woods

Lion_Woods Active Member

I run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.

Draft saved Draft deleted