1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sleep

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jul 6, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

how much sleep do you get a night? do you want or need more? does lack of sleep have an impact on your life or do you just shrug it off as the cost of living in these times? if you're a little older, do you need less or more sleep than when you were younger?

i'm in bed for about seven hours a night and probably get about six hours of sleep. i wish i could get more. lack of sleep is definitely a problem for me but i don't know how to change it. i need less sleep than when i was a teenager or in my 20s. for me, an ideal night's sleep is seven hours. eight or nine is awesome. any more than that and i'm probably a grump the rest of the day.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Sleep?

What's that??

Seriously, I don't require much sleep. Six hours is plenty, any more than that and I feel worn out as if I didn't sleep at all.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm prone to insomnia.
    These days I've been getting six to seven hour consistently, which is great for me.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Six hours on average. some nights it'll be four or five hours depending on when work ends and when getting the kids ready for school begins.

On Sundays, though, I like to take a long nap.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Six to seven. Some nights four or five, some nights eight or nine. I'm usually fine.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can never get enough sleep. If I got 12 hours in a night I'd be a giddy, happy camper.

I go anywhere from three to 10.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who needs sleep?
    well you're never gonna get it
    Who needs sleep?
    tell me what's that for
    Who needs sleep?
    be happy with what you're getting
    There's a guy who's been awake
    since the Second World War

My hands are locked up tight in fists
    My mind is racing, filled with lists
    of things to do and things I've done
    Another sleepless night's begun

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

At least 8 hours a night, preferably 10.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'd prefer nine. My sleep cycle is in three hour cycles, so as long as I have a mulitple of three I'm OK. Normally, I sleep six hours a night, but if I sleep five or seven, I'm not a happy morning person.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... could have fooled me. ;)

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't know what you're talking about. I plead the fifth.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted