1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slam Buck costs Milwaukee mascot his ACL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Feb 19, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Bucks' mascot joins Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut, and Luke Ridnour in the trainer's room after falling through the basket at the All-Star Game. Yes, THROUGH the basket.

It looks VERY painful. Watch and feel bad about laughing at someone else's pain:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Bucks-mascot-tears-ACL-in-knee-from-groin?urn=nba,142557

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

The real question is, will the insurance be paying for the brace?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Bango was so much cooler when I was a kid. He'd just walk around the Arena, hanging out, kibizing, pimping. Everyone loved Bango.

I still have a picture of me and Bango from a preseason game in the 80s, it was Ralph Sampson's first NBA game!

Now Bango's extreme! Just another in the long line of catapulting, somersaulting, jive-ass, look-at-me-showoff NBA mascots.

Fuck you and your groin, Bango. Give me the old mellow Bango back.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Anyone notice the first shot goes in after being banked in off the mascot's crotch? Bird and Jordan weren't even that good.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Actually, Bango goes through the basket all the time ... amazes me how he can do that. Looked like he tweeked the knee as he was caught up in the net, or when he landed.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Usually, they'd put down an animal if he suffered an injury like that.

Bango's lucky.

7. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

PETA will now boycott all Bucks games...

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Damn.

Beat me to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted