1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sky is blue, water is wet, Clay Aiken is gay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 23, 2008.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

:-[

My mistake. Still, I wonder how he would have fared after confirming his sexuality. If I remember, and I try not to, he had a lot of the old lady, mommy votes.

2. Most people do seem to remember him as the winner. That's because Ruben Studdard hasn't done a damn thing since then, while Aiken has.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Right now, he's probably the fourth most successful person from AI.

I'd put him behind Clarkson, Daughtry and Underwood (in no particular order).

4. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I was just thinking that Clay has drifted from a normal looking guy into a Michael Jackson-style transformation that's still under way.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. ScribePharisee

Jennifer Hutson has him beat too.

Remember the "controversy" concerning allegations that the finals vote in AI2 was tampered with? Makes you wonder if 19, desiring no image issues at all as it became the money machine it is, decided to do a last-minute switch.

6. ScribePharisee

That made me chuckle. I can see it: "Put this picture of (name that male celebrity) over your face, doll, and please don't be offended."

7. Mizzougrad96

I'll be very curious how Jennifer Hudson's album does.

It's arguable if she's more successful than him, but she hasn't put out an album yet.

Based on her first two movies, she's going to have a hell of an acting career.

8. Kelly Pickler has had some country hits. She may be ahead of Aiken as well.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that post is worthless without pics.

10. Mizzougrad96

She's doing well, but Aiken did sell five million copies of his first couple albums.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The hell with ESPN. Wait for Jay Glazer to be the first to report it...

12. Here's a NSFW (most places) link for you, but only because I love your sidesaddle so much.

http://www.mychillpill.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/kellie_pickler_1.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted