1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skittles for a DOLLAR!?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TyWebb, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Didn't you also get a spanking?

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

In my day we didn't even have candy. Sugar hadn't been invented yet, and honey was available only to bees, bears and the wealthy. As I operated my treadle at the jute mill, watching the other children drop around me from hypoglycemia and fatigue, I would sometimes pull from the pocket of my tattered gherkin a single morsel of bark from the sweetgum tree near the orphanage. This I snatched from the tree itself as our buckboard rattled past in the cold, black dark before dawn. Chewing surreptitiously with my single remaining tooth so as not to be found out and whipped by the mill foreman, its bitter, vegetable sucrose would imbue my starved and skinny frame with just enough energy to treadle my impossible quota of jute for the day. (Jute was the backbone of our local economy in the days before the British brought the quince to these shores.) Then they would put us back in the cage on the flat of the wagon and drive us home again in the gathering darkness to the orphanage, where we were fed a meal of scavenged building materials and squid ink. I enjoyed the scraps of particle board most of all, because that meant it must be Saturday.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Regular size pack, 99 cents. I checked the king size, or whatever it was, and it was 1.59.

Their fountain drinks are incredibly cheap. That is a butt-load of soda for under a dollar.

If a dentist saw this thread, he just went CHA CHING!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Outing alert: Buck is really Grandpa Simpson

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Genius. Sheer genius.

Draft saved Draft deleted