1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Skip Bayless on the racial preferences of Redskins fans

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Presented without comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/skip-bayless-on-rgiii-kirk-cousins-its-human-nature-if-youre-white-to-root-for-the-white-guy/2012/08/20/00ca12f4-eaec-11e1-9ddc-340d5efb1e9c_blog.html

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

If it's human nature for white people to root for the white guy, why is Bayless "for" the black guy? He's not black.

Oh, by the way, just horrible. Maybe ESPN will fire him

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe Bayless isn't human ...

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is RG3's fiancee rooting for Cousins?

5. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Is it human nature that caused him to be a retard?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Better or worse than talking Tebow/Sanchez?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That is the most stupidly irresponsible and baseless allegation I've ever read. Ever. Oh my gawd, this is Weekly World News level bullshit. There's not one fucking Redskins fan in the world, except any who happened to also graduate from Michigan State, and even then only maybe, who thinks any of that. RG3 is the most popular person in the city. He was last week, last month, and right now. By a landslide. Including the president. The only idiots saying that are Bayless and the nitwits who did the Bears preseason game the other day. That's it. Period.

Why does ESPN try so fucking hard to lower the bar? What a mother fucking joke that network has become.

8. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

Agree with FH.
    As a lifelong 'Skins fan, that's one of the most off-base, blatant let-me-stir-the-pot attempts I've seen.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

All these talking heads are there to stir the pot and cause controversy. Like him or hate him, he at least managed to get your attention and that's all he's trying to do.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Remember, this is the same ESPN that thought Limbaugh would be great on the Sunday morning show.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I haven't found anything to suggest that Redskins fans are racist. Lacking in intelligence and delusional, sure. :D But racist? Ludicrous.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is not a profound statement, sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted