1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ shoe mavens: Tom's Shoes, comfortable?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm considering a pair so I won't be wearing Sanuks or Birkenstocks every day between now and the first frost.

Anybody got a pair? Are they comfortable for walking?

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

All I can add to this is that I wear Ecco shoes at work. I stand on my feet for no less than seven hours a day. My feet don't hurt at the end of the day. You do the math.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm wearing a pair of Clarks right now.

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I wear Johnston and Murphy loafers. Comfortable as hell.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Geox -- the most comfortable shoe ever. Both the casual and the work varieties.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I rotate three pairs of Nike trail running shoes, with my Adidas Gazelles thrown in every once in a while.

7. Inky_Wretch

So nobody owns any Tom's Shoes?

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

[​IMG]

Inky, you know you want 'em. Just buy 'em. Personally, $70 is a bit steep for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Inky_Wretch

Those aren't the ones I want. Though they do look cool.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I went to a Halloween party as a Heaven's Gate cult member last year, so I bought a pair of Nike Cortez for the costume.
    Those have become my official I'm-wearing-sneakers-to-work-today shoes.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

$70 is steep for you? I spend twice that on a good pair of tennis shoes. Of course, I also wear them for about five years until the sole is completely smooth.

I like New Balance. I will ask my mom what she wore when she worked at a department store and was on her feet for 12+ hours a day. She went through shoes like my cat went through catnip. (Actually, her and my dad both when was walk-mowing the golf course. It seemed like every time we went to the mall, at least one of them had to go buy shoes.)

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yes, $70 is too steep for me for a pair of beachcomber loafers. I can't remember the last time I spent more than $70 bucks for tennis shoes. Maybe my Air Prefontaines like 4 years ago.

You spend a $140 on a pair of tennis shoes??? What are you buying, gold-plated Jordans?

Draft saved Draft deleted